Humeca designed two cordless, battery operated dermatomes. A small one, the D42 and a larger one, the D80. The D42, a very maneuverable instrument, is an excellent tool in pediatric and general plastic surgery, especially for primary excision and harvesting grafts from curved surfaces. It also facilitates to harvest the 42×42 mm (1.65×1.65″) grafts required for Humeca’s MEEK technique, speeding up the procedure. The larger D80 dermatome was developed for more general use.
Cordless Dermatomes Features
The D42 is the result of an attempt to design a small and lightweight battery operated dermatome. The larger D80 dermatome was developed for more general use. . We are always looking for innovation and strive for sustainable products.
- Extremely small head of D42 allows precision cutting, especially in problematic zones and pediatric surgery
- Cordless, battery operated and lightweight design offers optimum maneuverability and mobility
- Precise thickness of the graft from 0.0 to 1.2 mm (0.000 – 0.048”) in 0.1 mm (0.008”) increments
- Graft width of 42 mm (1.65″) assures optimum performance in combination with the MEEK technique
- The use of width-reducing clamps on the dermatome head allow cutting of smaller graft widths
- Battery and motor of the instrument are not sterilized, thus guaranteeing optimum durability
- Thickness adjustment can be fixed to prevent accidental change of graft thickness during cutting
- Safe and quick blade replacement
- Powerful Li-Ion batteries with no memory effect allow long time cutting without intermediate charging
Humeca supplies a range of high quality blades for different types of dermatomes. For the D42 and D80 cordless dermatomes and for the hand held Sober dermatome, Humeca supplies symmetrical and double facet grinded blades for minimum resistance and uniform graft thickness. The blade moves at a maximum speed of over 7000 strokes per minute (unloaded). This assures smooth cutting operation and also enables very thin grafting.
Humeca also supplies blades that are compatible with:
- Aesculap® / B.Braun® cordless dermatomes
- Padgett® dermatomes type B,C and S
- Zimmer® dermatomes type 8801 (air) and 8821 (electric)
See our other products
NO SPECIAL LITERATURE AVAILABLE